The session was on the Automation Using Ansible-(Practical Implementation) by
- Mr. SREEJITH ANUJAN
- Mr. ARUN EAPEN
I got to know :
- Automation is to optimize our program to do task by it’s own using less human interaction .
- Automation can be used for configuration management , provisioning and many more thing , it can be used anywhere , where we want to perform things fast and accurate.
- Ansible tower works on GUI so that we can see what is happening throughout the process, here templates is terminology to discover playbook .
- A job template is a set of parameters for running an Ansible job. Job templates are useful to execute the same job many times.
- Credential is basically a username and password used for authentication purpose , ansible tower provides us the attach the credential to the template , sometimes we have to create it and some time it is default created .
- Things we have done in session are : >we have integrated ansible tower with slack ( messaging tool ). > we have attached notification with slack . >we have launched an EC2 instance of AWS through making a playbook as a template and running it through ansible tower.
- Credential types in ansible tower can be used for adding most clouds like oracle, Digital Ocean, IBM Cloud etc.